Authorized Form of NameVenerable English College; 1579-; seminary
Corporate NameVenerable English College
TypeOfEntityCorporate
Dates1579-
CodeGB/109/16835
Epithetseminary
ActivityIn 1576 Cardinal William Allen converted the English Hospice of the Most Holy Trinity and St. Thomas the Martyr into a seminary for English priests, with a Bull of Foundation issued by Gregory XIII in 1579.
SourceWebsite of the Venerable English College: http://www.englishcollegerome.org/pages/frame1.htm

Show related Catalog records.

related catalogue records
OrderNoTitleDateLink
Ramsey 337 f. 22Photograph of the arms of Henry IV1966Ramsey/337/18
Ramsey 337 f. 23Photograph of the tomb of Cardinal Christopher Bainbridge1966Ramsey/337/19
Ellison O/1/1/94"Miscellaneous"26 June 1975-28 April 1981Ellison/O/1/1/94
Ramsey 280, ff. 16-51Roman Catholic Matters: general 1974Ramsey/4-287/1974/280/16-51
Ellison P/20/6/3Funeral of Pope Paul VI1978Ellison/P/20/6/3
ACCM/CTE/SCHO/4Venerable English College1981-1986ACCM/2/13/6/17/1
Ramsey 337 f. 29Photograph of the altarpiece of the church of St. Thomas of Canterbury1966Ramsey/337/25
Runcie/ERCC/1989/6Vatican: Venerable English College1989Runcie/ERCC/1989/6
Runcie/ERCC/1987/4Vatican: Venerable English College1987Runcie/ERCC/1987/4
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2021