Authorized Form of NameEngland and Wales; Court of Wards and Liveries; 1540-1660
Corporate NameCourt of Wards and Liveries
TypeOfEntityCorporate
Dates1540-1660
CodeGB/109/11926
JurisdictionEngland and Wales
ActivityThe Court of Wards and Liveries was a court established in 1540 by Henry VIII with responsibilities for revenue collection under the feudal tenure system. In addition, the Court also had jurisdiction over wardship and livery issues. Though the Court ceased to have a function with the abolition of feudal tenures by the Long Parliament in 1645, it was not formally dissolved until the Statute of Tenures was passed under Charles II in 1660.
Sourcehttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Court_of_Wards

Show related Catalog records.

related catalogue records
OrderNoTitleDateLink
MS 289ELIZABETHAN REFERENCE BOOKc.1579MSS/289
CM XI/96Exemplification of a decree of the Court of Wards, liberating certain lands in Hutton next Rudby, co. York, to the Archbishop of Canterbury, as grantee of the manor from King John's time.5 July 1612CM/11/96
MS 3201Talbot Papers1589-1605MSS/3192-3206/3201
MS 3200Talbot Papers1583-1600MSS/3192-3206/3200
MS 3193Talbot Papers1544-1558MSS/3192-3206/3193
MS 3203Talbot Papers1583-1612MSS/3192-3206/3203
MS 241REGISTER OF DOVER PRIORY1372MSS/241
MS 942Miscellaneous Papers1522-1705MSS/929-942/942
MS 3206Talbot Papers1499-1580MSS/3192-3206/3206
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2022