RepositoryLambeth Palace Library
LevelSubfonds
Alt Ref NoMU/NURS
Extent3 volumes, 1 file
TitleNurses' Department
Date1913-1952
DescriptionIn 1912, following the resignation of Mrs Russell, the wife of a London vicar, as central correspondent for work among nurses, the work was overseen by a sub-committee of the Executive Committee. In 1914 it was given the right to appoint its own Central Correspondent. In March 1929 the Nurses' Committee was given the new title of the Nurses' Fellowship Committee and became a departmental committee with diocesan representation. This arrangement continued until 1952, when it was resolved that the work among nurses should be organised through a central correspondent once more. Nurses were asked to distribute literature relating to the Mothers' Union among their patients, inform local members of the MU if a patient would welcome a visit, and unite in prayer.
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2022