RepositoryLambeth Palace Library
LevelFile
Alt Ref NoMS 3160
Extentiii + 38 folios
TitleSt. Augustine's College, Canterbury
Date1848-1937
DescriptionCopy of the foundation charter, 28 June 1848 (ff.2-9), and duplicate statutes signed by Archbishop John Bird Sumner, 13 September 1848 (ff.10-26v), of the Missionary College of St. Augustine, Canterbury. There have been added duplicate alterations to the statutes signed by the respective Archbishops of Canterbury, 1886-1937 (ff.27-31v).
Also inserted are copies of two letters from Archbishop Archibald Campbell Tait to the Revd. Henry Bailey, Warden, concerning the statutes, 21 January 1874 and 5 June 1879 (ff.34-5), and an alteration to the statutes by Archbishop John Bird Sumner, April 1851 (f.36).
PhysicalDescriptionWritten on parchment. Contemporary blind stamped binding lettered, `Copy Charter and Duplicate Statutes of the Missionary College of Saint Augustine, Canterbury'.
CustodialHistoryInscribed, 'For Muniment Room Lambeth'. Bookplate of Lambeth Palace Library.

Show related Persons records.

Related name records
CodeNameDates
NA1580St Augustine's College, Canterbury; 1848-1967; missionary college1848-1967
20Sumner; John Bird (1780-1862); Archbishop of Canterbury1780-1862
18Tait; Archibald Campbell (1811-1882); Archbishop of Canterbury1811-1882
NA1901Bailey; Henry (1815-1906); Warden of St Augustine's College, Canterbury, Kent1815-1906
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2021