RepositoryLambeth Palace Library
Alt Ref NoMS 2932
Extenti + 132 ff.
DateEarly 18th century
DescriptionCopy of an autobiography and journal of Archbishop William Wake. There are two versions of the autobiography. The first (ff. 1-32) ends in 1688, and a reference to Archbishop Tenison on f. 20 shows that it was written after 1695. The second (ff. 35-92v) ends on 6 November 1705, and contains minor textual variations where it overlaps the first version. The journal occupies ff. 98-132 and was kept by Wake when chaplain in France to Richard Graham, 1st Viscount Preston, 21 May 1683-28 July 1684. The original of this manuscript is Christ Church Library MS. 541 A.
CopiesMicrofilm: Lambeth Palace Library MS Film 6 [microfilm of Christ Church MS 541A, of which MS 2932 is a copy]

Show related Persons records.

Show related Places records.

Related name records
29Wake; William (1657-1737); Archbishop of Canterbury1657-1737
Related place records
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2021