RepositoryLambeth Palace Library
LevelFile
Alt Ref NoED 270
Extent1 m. 1 p.
TitleSt Radegund's Abbey
Date1391-1392
DescriptionKeeper's account and rental
AdminHistoryBlackwose, alias Canons Court, in Saltwood. Premonstratensian house, cell of Lavendon, united c.1377 (?) to the abbey of St Radegund, which with its properties was granted to Archbishop Cranmer in 1536, who shortly afterwards returned it to the Crown (Sir William Dugdale, Monasticon Anglicanum ed. Caley, Ellis & Bandinel, 6 vols. in 8 parts, London, 1846, vi. 940, and David Knowles & R. Neville Hadcock, Medieval Religious Houses - England and Wales, London, 1953, 163.

Show related Persons records.

Show related Places records.

Related name records
CodeNameDates
GB/109/9791St. Radegund's Abbey; 1193-1536; Premonstratensian religious house1193-1536
Related place records
CodeSet
NA1447/Blackwose/Saltwood/Kent
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2022